Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisramshaw  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2019 11:04:04(UTC)
chrisramshaw

If you are carrying out an upgrade project at multiple locations around the country but none of the individual sites would exceed the threshold, but the overal project would, is that still notifiable?

i.e. 100 locations around the UK each project would last 2 to 3 weeks on site before moving to the next site this will run for 3 years?

My thought is that each location is a seperate project, but happy to bow to superior knowledge

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2019 12:27:19(UTC)
RayRapp

Chris

I believe you have the option of counting each site as a separate project or lumping the whole lot as one notifiable project. When I was involved in a similar project we decided on the latter in order to reduce unnecessary paperwork. However that was under CDM 2007, not sure the same factors apply under CDM 2015. 

Ian Bell2  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2019 13:03:20(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Nothing wrong with writing common project procedures and documents, especially if the work is going to be similar at each location.

Is it the same Principal Contractor and Principal Designer for each location, for example?

Just leave enough flexibility (blank spaces??) to enter site specific details.

Clark34486  
#4 Posted : 21 February 2019 13:10:44(UTC)
Clark34486

I would treat them all individually, in essence the projects would be seen by the local HSE office in any case

Are you using a single PC and PD or local PC's and PD's?