Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hailss  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2019 16:54:13(UTC)
hailss

I was just wondering if anyone had looked into the issue of provision of Toilets for companies that cover a large geographical area with varrying asset base.  We have all the facilities in the main offices but were we have a multitude of remote assets with a roving workforce this is certainly not always the case.  I would be interested to know what if anything others do to resolve this issue:

• Use of Public Toilets ie Supermarkets, Mac Ds etc
  • Hire of Portaloos at strategic points - Cost of this?
  • Ignore it 
  • Other options ie Network of Toilets 

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated also have you ever considered what is a reasonable distance for someone to travel to get access to a basic welfare need

Tigers  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2019 14:53:10(UTC)
Tigers

A basic HSE monitoring question. Any council waste deprtment should have a register - although they my not be able to share it.  Sometimes you may have to be a little resourceful.  

Edited by user 04 April 2019 14:55:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrBrightside  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2019 15:40:06(UTC)
MrBrightside

This really will reply on what work the roving workforce carry out!?

Sales person driving to and from customer can just use service stations, public toilets etc

Remote workers carrying out Dirty Work and no where near any local aminites might need a welfare van etc