Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
George_Young  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2019 12:12:32(UTC)
George_Young

The organisation I work for have some machinery that is no longer used, so are considering selling it.

I am aware of our duties under the relevant legalisations.

Does anyone have a sample waiver that they dont mind sharing?

Thanks in adavance.

George

A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2019 13:01:16(UTC)
A Kurdziel

There is is no “waiver”, no “as seen“that is valid in law. Whoever supplies any sort of work equipment must make sure that it safe to pass onto somebody else and they must describe any safety issues that exist with the equipment.

See http://www.hse.gov.uk/work-equipment-machinery/second-hand-products.htm

Ian Bell2  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2019 13:19:15(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Agree - waivers are legally nonsense.

You can't ignore your legal responsibilities.

paul.skyrme  
#4 Posted : 11 April 2019 14:04:21(UTC)
paul.skyrme

If you look at the link in the post by A Kurdziel, I think it is the 7th paragraph after thr heading "What must you do?", there are a couple of lines, then some bullet points, and a description of how you can sell used equipment legitimately.

It does state that a suitably worded waiver is acceptable.  How you word said waiver is anothe thing.  There are some suggestions on the HSE page.

George_Young  
#5 Posted : 11 April 2019 14:26:18(UTC)
George_Young

Thank you all for the information.

I have found a "waiver" template on the HSE website, but I will provide the MD with all the required information.

Regards

Ian Bell2  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2019 10:42:11(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Personally I wouldn't call it a waiver in the HSE document. Its clarifying the condition of the machine/equipment that you are selling/buying and what you still might need to do to make something safe/legally compliant.

thanks 1 user thanked Ian Bell2 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 12/04/2019(UTC)