Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnr  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2019 08:50:02(UTC)
johnr

We have just gone through our ISO 45001 audit and part of the audit was to look at our safety stats and reporting.

I have always included all incidents in our stats but the auditor has stated that we are over reporting.

For example we had one of our guys offshore injured in the gym and had to get medivaked. We have this recorded as a MTC as he was able to return to work after a check up and treatment.

The auditor stated that as this was not work related and the injured person was not carrying out part of our work scope, therefore we were not responsible for recording the incident in our stats.

Yes we have to keep a record but it should not affect our figures.

Thoughts on this !!! 

MrBrightside  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2019 08:57:44(UTC)
MrBrightside

I can see their point about not being a work related injury (unless the injury was caused by defective equipment supplied by the company), however I would never pick someone up for over reporting as this can quite often push people to stop reporting.

Its your stats so report what you want and you can't get a non-confomaity for over reporting.

Danbannister81  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2019 10:40:18(UTC)
Danbannister81

The guy was on company property and was injured using company eqpt  - perhaps a brief gym induction may solve this (but may be overkill)? 

Does the audtor have a full understanding of the offshore industry and duty of care when the teams are offshore? 

I assume the auditor was not referring to over reporting generally as surely you report the data requested from leadership teams/regulators?

Interested to know exactly what is meant by over reporting.

neil88  
#4 Posted : 23 August 2019 01:56:01(UTC)
neil88

Originally Posted by: johnr Go to Quoted Post

We have just gone through our ISO 45001 audit and part of the audit was to look at our safety stats and reporting.

I have always included all incidents in our stats but the auditor has stated that we are over reporting.

For example we had one of our guys offshore injured in the gym and had to get medivaked. We have this recorded as a MTC as he was able to return to work after a check up and treatment.

The auditor stated that as this was not work related and the injured person was not carrying out part of our work scope, therefore we were not responsible for recording the incident in our stats.

Yes we have to keep a record but it should not affect our figures.

Thoughts on this !!! 

If you follow the OGP standard for incident classification and reporting then this would likely be a reportable but not recordable case.

thanks 1 user thanked neil88 for this useful post.
stevedm on 23/08/2019(UTC)
stevedm  
#5 Posted : 23 August 2019 09:20:28(UTC)
stevedm