Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nosdohr  
#1 Posted : 09 September 2019 10:39:04(UTC)
nosdohr

Morning all, I hope you are all well.

I am currently seeking a QSHE management software package/solution. There are plenty of options out in the wild for off the shelf QSHE management software packages, but I was wondering if anyone uses 365 as their solution and where you found this?

With the power now in 365, flows etc. I cannot see why there cannot be a solution within. This would also reduce the need to rely on a 3rd party cloud service. I have found a couple of US based companies that offer an 'add-on' solution but was wondering if anyone on here has experience of these or have built it in-house?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan.

MrBrightside  
#2 Posted : 09 September 2019 11:01:04(UTC)
MrBrightside

Hi Ryan,

I use Office 365 and found it to be very effective. I built a Sharepoint page which makes it so much easier for everyone to access documents and for document control.

You can assign the level of access to documents, more than one person can edit and access a document at a time (Excel spreadsheet etc). Its really easy to upload and download documents, if you add Planner you can assign actions (this will generate emails for reminders) and have audit trails and you can access it anywhere with an internet connect (including your phone). You can create forms for accident reporting which can be filled out and logged and produce reports.

It pretty much does everything an off the shelf package will do.

thanks 1 user thanked MrBrightside for this useful post.
nosdohr on 09/09/2019(UTC)
nosdohr  
#3 Posted : 09 September 2019 12:08:26(UTC)
nosdohr

MrBrightside - thank you.

I have the uploading, collaberative working etc. down. Its the "fill in this" and it then populates a spredsheet or opens an action (via Planner) etc. flow, dashboards bit that I struggle with somewhat. 

Can I ask, if I were at your organisation and wanted to log hazard report, near miss etc. and I compelte X does that then need saving as a seperate file within OneDrive or does it automatically populate elsewhere?

​​​​​​​Ryan.

nosdohr  
#4 Posted : 09 September 2019 12:13:07(UTC)
nosdohr

Thanks.

Is it intuitive? Can you for example fill a ‘form’ or template out and have it automatically populated into excel, planner etc?

Ryan.

MrBrightside  
#5 Posted : 09 September 2019 12:28:27(UTC)
MrBrightside

It can do. It will need a little bit of know how most of which you can find on YouTube or Google. Once set up though its easy to replicate. If you really know what you are doing you can create an App using Power Apps which will put the data straight onto your Sharepoint and you can download as an Excel.

nosdohr  
#6 Posted : 09 September 2019 15:08:12(UTC)
nosdohr

Thank you MRBrightside.