Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andromeda  
#1 Posted : 25 September 2019 14:52:22(UTC)
andromeda

Hello All. I have a fleet of Service Engineers who from time-to-time prob up vehicles using Trolley Jacks and Axle Stands. While most of them have a Mechanical background others are less experianced and i want them all trained together in the use of these tools so i have it documented. 

Would anyone know who i can approach for training sessions? 

Very much appreciated. 

Acorns  
#2 Posted : 25 September 2019 16:04:32(UTC)
Acorns

AFAIK, there is no seperate specific course for that.  You already have some with engineer / mechanical backgrounds who could/ should know between them what is required.  The great benefit, is they know exactly the type of circs and vehicles that you will be dealing with so it can be tailored to your requirements.   It reds like your team probably go to adhock locations that may have pits, lifts, trolley/bottle jcks of varying sorts along with beautifully grey painted clean level smooth concrete surtfaces as well as the potential for rutted gravel water filled driveways.  even if you do use an external trainer, I'd just make sure that the session covers the types of scenario your folks deal with, otherwise you will be no further forward than you are now.  ​​​​​​​You may find a bit more info on the circs involved may yield better results and responses.

stevedm  
#3 Posted : 26 September 2019 09:06:14(UTC)
stevedm

or as a alternative...you could use an up and coming engineer/ graduate to put together a toolbox talk on the subject along with some guidance on checks..use the HSE guidance as a base...

http://www.hse.gov.uk/mvr/mechanical-repair/under-vehicles.htm