Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob B  
#1 Posted : 24 November 2019 13:20:10(UTC)
Rob B

Hi, i,m looking for advise on how to identify or what are the risk and opportunities assocciated with the following topics

Waste generation and disposal

Energy use

Habitat destruction

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2019 18:05:50(UTC)
RayRapp

Hi Rob, it's a massive question you ask. Can you be more specific and tell us why you are interested in these subjects? 

Rob B  
#3 Posted : 24 November 2019 18:21:38(UTC)
Rob B

Hi Ray,

I am currently studying the Nebosh Diploma in Environmental management and one of the questions is - what are the risks and opportunities associated with the organisations significant aspects and impacts.

Which are:

Waste generation and disposal

Energy use

Habitat destruction

If you can offer any information that would be appreciated

Cheers

Rob

A Kurdziel  
#4 Posted : 25 November 2019 09:20:30(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Sorry but this is still too wide an enquiry. You could write book on any one of these topics and I am fairly certain this is not what is being asked of you. Your first port of call should be your tutor who can explain what sort of things they want to discuss. I suspect that this is not just an info dump but you being able to establish to pros and cons of pursuing any particular policy.  So ask the tutor who should be able to recommend the relevant text books or websites. Of course look at the curriculum for the course which should give you clues as to what level of detail you should be aiming at. How many words is this assignment?

thanks 2 users thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
RayRapp on 25/11/2019(UTC), Rob B on 25/11/2019(UTC)
RayRapp  
#5 Posted : 25 November 2019 15:03:43(UTC)
RayRapp

With respect, I would also add to the above post that this is foremostly a discussion forum. It is not good form to use these forums as a substitute for academic research.  

Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 25 November 2019 15:41:28(UTC)
Roundtuit

iosh does have a separate public Study Support forum and a search function

Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 25 November 2019 15:41:28(UTC)
Roundtuit

iosh does have a separate public Study Support forum and a search function