Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
safeandshiny  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2020 12:29:47(UTC)
safeandshiny

Hi all. I am currently in the process of creating a mock trial I would like to use for training purposes in myworkplace. The case is centred around a serious injury in the workplace.

I have googled Mock trial manuscripts and you tubed the last hour but to no avail, however would like to make this relatively realsitic and use the "courtroom lingo" so to speak

Can anyone point me in the direction of anyone offering such services or is there anything known to be out there? ( I know the courts sell real ones however these are extremelly worded and i doubt i need to reinvent the wheel if materials i can edit out there already exist that are massively condensed) 

I fully appreaciate that these things can take a lot of time to make as im finding myself so happy to pay if someone can assist and the materials used will be changed to suit our business needs.

Many thanks in advance

Jo 

A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 16 January 2020 13:27:02(UTC)
A Kurdziel

My question is why you want to go this way. It is possible to explain what goes on in court without having to set up a mock court.  The only reason, that I can see, for going to the trouble of setting up a mock court, is to give people a taste of what it might be like to be at the receiving end as a witness or even a defendant. In that case you really need the full thing with all of the ritual and rules etc. Some law firms like Eversheds run mock trials but they do not come cheap  

thanks 1 user thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
safeandshiny on 16/01/2020(UTC)
safeandshiny  
#3 Posted : 16 January 2020 14:09:52(UTC)
safeandshiny

I am using it a management tool for training and am adapting the scenriaos so they  can be used as a forum for critical self-reflection, thus encouraging the team to reflect on existing system gaps and on their own assumptions.

I am a great believer in  experintiallearning so wanted to run in house 

The sites like eversheds bring people in and wanted to use our own teams and add this to the annual Front Line manager aways day with the GM at the dock

Obviously a fun swing to the teaching method but to show the powerful hard hitting truth and highlight the importance of staying safe from the moral legal and economic aspects 

I could see if eversheds sell any of their transcrips as I havent tried this route yet

Many thanks

Jo 

Edited by user 16 January 2020 14:11:31(UTC)  | Reason: ,,