Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Upstairs456  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2020 11:49:10(UTC)
Upstairs456

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a suitable PUWER audit/assessment template to use as a start point for the equipment in our operation.

Having looked through the HSE site, the closest I've found so far is contained within the Health & Safety in Engineering Workshops guide (HSG129), specifically pages 123-128.

I would appreciate any advice as to whether this is a good starting point, or if theres a better one out there.......

Many thanks in advance!

RVThompson  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2020 12:23:27(UTC)
RVThompson

Proctor have some free downloads that may be of use:

https://www.machinesafety.co.uk/free-downloads/#229

Edited by user 12 February 2020 12:24:31(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot the link

CptBeaky  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2020 12:45:16(UTC)
CptBeaky

I basically use a template that goes through each of the regs one at a time, to check theat the equipment adheres to those regs.

e.g "4.1 Is the equipment suitable by design, construction or adaptation for the work it is provided to do?" 

Y/N then a comment/remedial actions required section, followed by a signing off section for work carried out.  

I then refer back to the guidance if I am unsure of anything.

The form you linked looks very similar to what I use. And in some ways better.

Upstairs456  
#4 Posted : 12 February 2020 12:59:04(UTC)
Upstairs456

Many thanks for the quick feedback - nice to know there's help out there when required!

AndrewFM94  
#5 Posted : 12 February 2020 16:12:07(UTC)
AndrewFM94

Afternoon,

I have a pretty thorough PUWER audit checklist which I have used on my site a few times. I'm more than happy to send you the checklist, i'll just need to remove my companies insignia first. 

grim72  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2020 16:31:16(UTC)
grim72

I've sent some info  on a PM that might be of use to you.

Upstairs456  
#7 Posted : 12 February 2020 16:38:53(UTC)
Upstairs456

Thanks again for all the help today - will get stuck into it proper tomorrow now!

Cheers!!