Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AL58  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2020 15:36:37(UTC)
AL58

We've just had our annual rack inspection by  an ourside competant sema registered company .

They have highlighted some faults which have been rated amber which gives us 4 weeks to put them right .

My M.D. has asked if we can repair this ourselves ( no one here has been Sema trained ) & if we can do we then need to get the company back to retest the repairs ??

Advice gratefully recieved

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2020 16:24:51(UTC)
HSSnail

Depends what the faults are - what training your staff have and how comfortable you are with the works once finished. Remember SEMA is not a statutory requirement - just good practice. You only need to be able to show compliance with PUWER - I personaly would get them back in as i see their report as insurance the job has been done right.