Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SPR  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2020 06:29:44(UTC)
SPR

Hi all,

I have been reading this document and have a question which I would like clarification on if possible.  Where the document states where not possible to move workstations arrange people to work side by side or facing away from each other, if that is implemented is the guidance also stating that we would also need to use screens to seperate people from each other.

Or are the screens to be used for those who are unable to work side by side or able to face away from each other.?

3.3 Workplaces and workstations

3. Only where it is not possible to move workstations further apart, arranging people to work side by side or facing away from each other rather than face-to-face.

4. Only where it is not possible to move workstations further apart, using screens to separate people from each other.

Acorns  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2020 06:35:00(UTC)
Acorns

Have we already tried shifts or spreading into other areas in the building to reduce the need of sitting in cluster.  I think you've already answered your scenario that if they side by side that a screen is used.  If they are back to back, how close are they, how often do they getup.

i might take note of shops, that where 2 aisles may have shoppers side by side or close to the back of adjacent cashiers, that a second screen is in place.    I read it that if the 2m can't be created, then a barrier is to be considered

Kate  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2020 06:55:41(UTC)
Kate

I similarly read it as:

First choice - keep 2 m apart

Second choice - both avoid face-to-face orientation AND have screens

nic168  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2020 13:32:57(UTC)
nic168

This is how I read it- if you cannot get 2M then screens should be used. However Our Occ Hygienist wants screens, despite my pointing out that we can get 2M around most alternate workstations, Screens could be useful for areas where there are pedestrain routes, but OccH want them for every desk.

They also want everyone to wear masks.