Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kim Hedges  
#1 Posted : 04 June 2020 16:59:32(UTC)
Kim Hedges

Posted here and not in the Study group on purpose. 

It is due for me to take my Health, Safety and Environment online test again for my CPCS / CSCS card.  It was a shock to read that the old course has been replaced with a new course made by IOSH, entitled Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers.  This is a one day course apparently.  

So I started looking for information and found little to answer my questions. 

Is this course just for new construction workers?

Does everyone have to sit this course to get a new card? 

Where can someone get the course notes to pre-study?

How much £ is the course? 

As you have been in a day class, is the card automatic or will there be a test too, what's the pass mark, as many people, myself included forget everything in tests?

The list of course providers is lengthy, and there isn't a filter to show a location, such as Bristol, I'm not patient enough to click on each trainer to find their location.  Can a filter be added or better still a location actually printed in it's own column?  

Why hasn't IOSH addressed these matters already, it's almost month old apparently, how come I have to post this?   

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2020 09:35:41(UTC)
HSSnail

IOSH dont run the scheam have you asked CPSC/CSCS? I dont work in contsruction but just looked at their site and they have an online question and answer section.