Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
A Kurdziel  
#1 Posted : 01 July 2020 10:06:34(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Tried to hand over my money today but the renewal button on MyIOSH has gone and they are not replying to phone calls or emails. Well that makes me feel wanted!

I suppose I am in the wrong part of the world (not a “growth region”) and once they have changed to competencies to that of a general executive they’ll down grade me anyway.

What’s the point!

John Murray  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2020 10:22:47(UTC)
John Murray

Some days I cannot log-in. The blue-and-green top of the screen fails to appear. From "super forum user", I have gone to "plain peasant". Sigh.

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2020 10:30:46(UTC)
Roundtuit

better than a pleasant pain?

Council election forum has appeared and is reportedly monitored

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2020 10:30:46(UTC)
Roundtuit

better than a pleasant pain?

Council election forum has appeared and is reportedly monitored

George_Young  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2020 00:53:18(UTC)
George_Young

I'm pretty sure my renewal is due now but had no reminder as of yet.

thanks 1 user thanked George_Young for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 02/07/2020(UTC)
A Kurdziel  
#6 Posted : 02 July 2020 07:41:30(UTC)
A Kurdziel

I was contacted yesterday by someone from IOSH. She told that “due to the pandemic” they were not sending out any reminders, so it is likely that others are going to be caught out when the systems automatically kicks them out of the institution, which is apparently what happened to me.

Of course if we had monthly direct debit this wouldn’t be a problem. Ho-hum!

thanks 1 user thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
RVThompson on 02/07/2020(UTC)
SW  
#7 Posted : 02 July 2020 15:59:44(UTC)
SW

I had an urgent reminder and I could not log in to MyIOSH to renew as it was so overdue.

Dropped them an E mail and they got back to me the next day and I paid over the phone.

Wish I knew this rather than spending 10 mins going around in circles on the website.

I was seriously thinking of not renewing this year - I cant see any benefit for me other than CMIOSH after my name if I look for another job

thanks 1 user thanked SW for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 09/07/2020(UTC)
firesafety101  
#8 Posted : 09 July 2020 10:28:20(UTC)
firesafety101

Last year I was allowed to renew my membership on a reduced price as I was unsure if I would need the CMIOSH.

This year I am unsure if I will get any self employed work as a safety consultant, nothing as yet and the future of my client is unknown.  I am owed money and they have no work.

I have been in touch with IOSH by email, the most recent was reminding my of the reduced rates due to unemployment.

I have earned nothing since before the lockdown so unable to even pay the reduced rate.

Mark-W  
#9 Posted : 14 July 2020 07:53:28(UTC)
Mark-W

I had a call about renewing ages ago, but I misssed it. They left a nice message but nothing since. Then this wek I had an email telling me it was my last chance. Come into work this morning and I can only see the public areas. 

I'm not CMIOSH so see no real benefit of membership apart from this forum for bouncing ideas off each other and seeing other ideas for compliance.

I suppose I'll call up and pay, but like others have said work is a bit scarce, so not sure what the criteria is for reduced payment

score  
#10 Posted : 15 July 2020 08:14:30(UTC)
score

Mark-W you dont have to be a member of IOSH to use the general forum, you wont have access to the members forums

HSSnail  
#11 Posted : 15 July 2020 09:14:18(UTC)
HSSnail

A few years ago I decided not to pay my subs, it was a knee jerk reaction as my employer at the time had decided I did not need to be a member so would not pay them – but would pay for other members of the organisation to be members of other professional bodies.

Fourtunatly, once I had calmed down, my wife talked some sense into me, and I asked if I could renew, which they happily did – I think it was about a month late. Let's face it; they need our cash! All I need to see know is if I can keep CMIOSH under the new proposals – but that’s a whole other thread.

thanks 1 user thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 15/07/2020(UTC)