Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Prowse1  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2020 09:34:22(UTC)
Prowse1

Hi, 

Recently had a bulletin through from head office requesting that all Subcontractors comply with BS8620 - specifically relating to use of outriggers/ stabilisers on podiums up to 2.5m.

I can't find any documentation online relating to this specific area - Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 16 July 2020 09:57:02(UTC)
Roundtuit

All BS are available to purchase on-line from the BSI shop inclusing this equipment specification:

BS 8620:2016 Low level work platform with one working platform with side protection for use by one person with a maximum working platform height no greater than 2.5 m. £91 members / £182 non-members.

It is highly unlikely contractors will have manufactured equipmment in accordance with the standard and are more likely to have purchased items.

I think your bulletin is asking that contractors are reminded to erect such devices in accordance with manufacturer instruction i.e. setting the out-riggers, leaving the guard rails & gates in place.

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 16 July 2020 09:57:02(UTC)
Roundtuit

All BS are available to purchase on-line from the BSI shop inclusing this equipment specification:

BS 8620:2016 Low level work platform with one working platform with side protection for use by one person with a maximum working platform height no greater than 2.5 m. £91 members / £182 non-members.

It is highly unlikely contractors will have manufactured equipmment in accordance with the standard and are more likely to have purchased items.

I think your bulletin is asking that contractors are reminded to erect such devices in accordance with manufacturer instruction i.e. setting the out-riggers, leaving the guard rails & gates in place.