Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seanoliver68  
#1 Posted : 03 December 2020 12:07:26(UTC)
seanoliver68

Hi,

i really need to start   doing my CPD. (not ideal i know)!!

i have never really bothered with updating via the my iosh account, i ideally want to get to CMIOSH next year so need to start backtracking and uploading ASAP.

anyone any ideas? 

development plan? is this just one upload or various different plans?

activities- any course iv done in the past? then a reflective statement for each?

sorry for the random and maybe obvious questions.

cheers Sean

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2020 13:28:15(UTC)
HSSnail

Sean

i would speak with IOSH - im not sure you can back date it.

They are about to change the whole system, but for me the development plan is what you think you need to look at over the coming period (usualy a year) and yes other things may come along. At the end of the year I review what i have actualy achieved , if new challanges have arisen and set a new devoplement plan for the. following year.

Yes if you forget to enter an activity you can go back and do that later - but backdateing a development plan - as i say talk to IOSH.

Lawlee45239  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2020 13:52:49(UTC)
Lawlee45239

Originally Posted by: seanoliver68 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

i have never really bothered with updating via the my iosh account, i ideally want to get to CMIOSH next year so need to start backtracking and uploading ASAP.

anyone any ideas? 

activities- any course iv done in the past? then a reflective statement for each?

cheers Sean

Hi Sean,

The CPD process isnt that bad at all. If you log in, there is a user guide in there that you can refer to. What is your current grade, if below Grad/ Tech, you need to contact IOSH and issue your professional qualifications in order to have a status review. The CPD will then be audited. Another method of doing the development plan is to do the BluePrint and upload that.

Best wishes with it all

You can old provide evidence that is up to 2 years old I am lead to believe. 

biker1  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2020 15:46:24(UTC)
biker1

Originally Posted by: Lawlee45239 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

anyone any ideas? 

cheers Sean

Hi Sean,

The CPD process isnt that bad at all. If you log in, there is a user guide in there that you can refer to. What is your current grade, if below Grad/ Tech, you need to contact IOSH and issue your professional qualifications in order to have a status review. The CPD will then be audited. Another method of doing the development plan is to do the BluePrint and upload that.

Best wishes with it all

You can old provide evidence that is up to 2 years old I am lead to believe. 

This is unfortunately quite a muddled response and will likely confuse the enquirer. Yes, there is guidance available. Not sure what the status review is that is mentioned - if you think you qualify for a higher membership grade, yes contact IOSH and send in copies of certificates etc and they will review your grade. Auditing of your CPD is on a rolling random basis, and when you are about to complete the process to gain Chartered membership. The reference to 'do the Blueprint' is misleading. Blueprint is the name for the competency framework, and you will be able to use this as part of the process to move up membership grades when the new system is launched next year I understand. The two year limit is something that applies to the existing IPD system, not CPD as such. I would recommend that you contact one of the professional development advisors at IOSH to get accurate and up to date guidance.
seanoliver68  
#5 Posted : 03 December 2020 16:02:54(UTC)
seanoliver68

thanks for all the replies and help guys.

im a grad IOSH member status at present, i have booked the IPD for Janaury 2021 so trying to get my CPD in order prior to then!

HSSnail  
#6 Posted : 04 December 2020 09:18:12(UTC)
HSSnail

im a grad IOSH member status at present, i have booked the IPD for Janaury 2021 so trying to get my CPD in order prior to then!

I am even more convinced you need to contact IOSH - its my undertsaning you cannot start you CPD record until your IPD has been completetd - its in the tital - I = Initial C= Continuous.

biker1  
#7 Posted : 04 December 2020 12:09:01(UTC)
biker1

Originally Posted by: Brian Hagyard Go to Quoted Post

I am even more convinced you need to contact IOSH - its my undertsaning you cannot start you CPD record until your IPD has been completetd - its in the tital - I = Initial C= Continuous.

No, no, no. CPD is a continuous ongoing process mandatory for all members from technical grade upwards; IPD is a one off process. They do not depend on each other, except for the one occasion where your CPD has to be audited before you can complete the final part of IPD. They exist as separate processes apart from that.
thanks 1 user thanked biker1 for this useful post.
HSSnail on 04/12/2020(UTC)
HSSnail  
#8 Posted : 04 December 2020 12:33:06(UTC)
HSSnail

I take it thats a NO then Biker? Every days a learning day - been a while since i looked at the background to CPD and IPD, other than completing my own CPD records on a regular basis.

craigroberts76  
#9 Posted : 04 December 2020 15:35:56(UTC)
craigroberts76

the C stands for continous... all members should be keeping it up to date, but the higher the level the more you should be doing.  I'm chartered which I got in June, up to that point I was probably logging 2-3 entries a month which was accepted.

I include any research I've done on equipment or products, include the in the evidence what it was, why you needed to do it, what you discovered and how it will be used.

Any training courses go in there, again with the above description.

Any webinar sessions, any investigations into accidents or near misses, any professional advice you have given someone or managers / board level.

All this is developing you as a person and your experience and knowledge.  And yes, back date it, thats not an issue as who actually records anything on the day you do it? I do mine weekly or bi-weekly.

You will need to register and do the open exams, once passed they will evaluate your CPD at some point before your peer review, they wont say when, so ensure its up to date by then.  Then in the peer review they may ask questions about it, they did on mine anyway.