Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Halliday  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2021 15:48:56(UTC)
Joe Halliday

Hi All,

As a bit of Fun, I was wondering what Health and Safety Idioms you have used in the work place to persuade  good Health and Safety Practices.

I have an old favorite of mine to start us off    " You think safety is expensive, try having and accident " 

Best regards,

Joe.

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2021 17:00:33(UTC)
Roundtuit

This looks like one of the posts that would appear in the Members area Social Forum back when you could have fun at work, people could physically see your smile (not hidden behind a mask) and we weren't busy debating the relative mertits of the latest machinations of managers needing to be seen to be doing something in the name of being "Covid Secure" despite having avoided H&S through most of their career.

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 15/01/2021(UTC), A Kurdziel on 15/01/2021(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2021 17:00:33(UTC)
Roundtuit

This looks like one of the posts that would appear in the Members area Social Forum back when you could have fun at work, people could physically see your smile (not hidden behind a mask) and we weren't busy debating the relative mertits of the latest machinations of managers needing to be seen to be doing something in the name of being "Covid Secure" despite having avoided H&S through most of their career.

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 15/01/2021(UTC), A Kurdziel on 15/01/2021(UTC)
CptBeaky  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2021 08:40:17(UTC)
CptBeaky

When I get the usual "you are only here to protect the company's rear" I always reply, "yep, and the best way to do that is for you not to get injured"

captcha p4CT