Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ncann88  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2016 15:30:27(UTC)
ncann88

Hello, 

I'm wondering if anybody can offer some advice or direct me to a solution to a problem. 

We rent holiday accomodation, the electrical equipment we provide such as fridges, tvs and kettles are PAT tested and inspected regularly by us. However do we have any obligation reguarding equipment customers bring with them such as phone chargers, games consoles etc? 

This has come about as we are looking at renting to one organisation on a long term basis however the people staying will change regularly. 

If anybody has any suggestions or information it would be much appreciated. 

Many tthnaks

Nick 

Jim Tassell  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2016 22:28:56(UTC)
Jim Tassell

No responsibility for customers' assorted "stuff". This came up years ago wrt hotels. But.. just make sure that you have properly set RCDs as protection of the corporate posterior.

paul.skyrme  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2016 21:02:54(UTC)
paul.skyrme

Originally Posted by: ncann88 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,I'm wondering if anybody can offer some advice or direct me to a solution to a problem. We rent holiday accomodation, the electrical equipment we provide such as fridges, tvs and kettles are PAT tested and inspected regularly by us. However do we have any obligation reguarding equipment customers bring with them such as phone chargers, games consoles etc?This has come about as we are looking at renting to one organisation on a long term basis however the people staying will change regularly.If anybody has any suggestions or information it would be much appreciated. Many tthnaks Nick
No requirement, no liability, they are not yours, you didn't, don't provide them. Just ensure thet the fixed install is compliant with BS 7671, don't use the cheapest quote for I&T because you will get what you pay for, and, you will not absolve you organisation from their statute law duty. The same goes for PAT.