Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jchc  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2016 13:54:38(UTC)
jchc

Hi all,

So I have spent a lot of time registering with various websites and recruiters with the general feedback being that there will be little movement till the new year which was expected, although, there has been some good positive responses and even an interview. I have also spent some time connecting and linking via LinkedIn which is reletively new to me. I have been looking at the UAE and in particular Dubai as this seems interesting (and seems to pay well as I'm told) however this market seems to be 'who you know' and 'friend of a friend' type stuff but you never know.

Anywho, hope you all have a great festive period and enjoy lots of over indulgence (safely of course).

All the best.

gerrysharpe  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2016 09:12:32(UTC)
gerrysharpe

If you search for H&S managers online you can get loads of jobs, dpends on what Health and Safety niche your working under, Construction H&S in london can get you £56 and hour with one job i was looking at yesterday.

Ideal route is grad iosh working to CMIOSH and a minimum  Diploma

Good Luck with the hunt

jchc  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2016 13:44:19(UTC)
jchc

Hi gerrysharpe thanks for the reply,

I do spend time searching the job boards and there is a lot of positions but not a lot in the North East which is where I live although I'm not adversed to travelling and working away for the right role, my niche at the moment is FMCG food manufacture but I do have some construction experience also. I am also currently working towards CMIOSH after passing the diploma this year.

Thanks again for your reply, all the best.