Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richard158  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2017 17:50:00(UTC)
Richard158

Hi guys hope someone can please clarify this for me, because i have been getting conflicting opinion in relation to the sbove topic. Is there separate training for both MEWP and working at heights and if so what is the difference. Thank you for your time. Richard
Stern  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2017 07:33:12(UTC)
Stern

MEWP training (generally IPAF) will contain an element of "general" work at height safety but is is predominantly geared towards operating MEWPs safely. 

Work at height training will generally cover the fundamentals of working at height (heirarchy of control, types of equipment etc).

At my previous employer, where everyone undertook some form of working at height, ALL operatives had "general" work at height training as a base. Those who were required to use MEWPs or towers then had IPAF/PASMA on top of this.

Hope this helps!