Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrismino  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2017 08:50:59(UTC)
chrismino

Hi, 

I am new to this field and looking to further my carer options. Having looked at the courses, can you do the 4 day certificate online through e-lerning?

thanks 

Bigmac1  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2017 13:39:20(UTC)
Bigmac1

Caution, lots of organisations do not recognise these online courses so do not waste your money. Do classroom.

samad  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2017 16:28:27(UTC)
samad

Hi Friends,

Classmroom Training and certification is more effective and valuable than online course training and certification, I recommend if convenient go for classroom session.

Best regards,

Samad

Hsquared14  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2017 08:15:30(UTC)
Hsquared14

If you are new to H&S then go for classroom based learning - you need to be able to ask questions of your tutor and the other delegates, you will learn as much from that as you will from the course materials.

wiseone  
#5 Posted : 05 September 2017 11:51:00(UTC)
wiseone

Originally Posted by: Bigmac1 Go to Quoted Post

Caution, lots of organisations do not recognise these online courses so do not waste your money. Do classroom.

IOSH Certificates don't even mention mode of study......

Hsquared14  
#6 Posted : 05 September 2017 12:10:15(UTC)
Hsquared14

If you mean a four day IOSH course then it is Managing Safely and not certificate.  Be aware that this is not actually a qualification just a course for managers to introduce them to health and safety and on its own it will not broaden your employment options.

Bigmac1  
#7 Posted : 05 September 2017 12:54:15(UTC)
Bigmac1

Originally Posted by: wiseone Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bigmac1 Go to Quoted Post

IOSH Certificates don't even mention mode of study......

Audits find this out. Take it from me its a site requirement where I work. Therefore time money and effort are all wasted when you need to resit