Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kingofdarkness  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2017 09:58:39(UTC)
kingofdarkness

Morning All,

I have been asked for a Licence Agreement for a Scaffolder i intend to use, having made a number of inquires i have yet to find anyone, builder, roofer or scaffolder that understands what is being asked for, perhaps i have misunderstood but is there any of you good people out there that knows what this is, or might be?

Not being a techincal wiz on the Scaffolder area i though i'll ask the question and hope someone does.

It may save me a lot of back and forwarding thats not needed.

Best regards to everyone James

Alfasev  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2017 10:16:26(UTC)
Alfasev

If the scaffolding is going to sit on the public highway (road or pavement) then you do require a licence from the local/highway authority.

kingofdarkness  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2017 10:21:16(UTC)
kingofdarkness

The scaffolding is not on the public highway, it would be in a neigbours garden, i thought that but didn't think it applied, but i maybe wrong of course.

Alfasev  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2017 10:39:36(UTC)
Alfasev

Not my field but there are requirements for gaining a licence/permission for access to erect and place the scaffolding on neighbors land under the Party Wall Act or  Access to Neighboring Land Act. You will need to consult a RICS surveyor specializing in that field. 

Ackashaun  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2017 13:40:44(UTC)
Ackashaun

As it is going on a neighbours land I think you will need a party wall access agreement as stated by Alfasev. This covers them for any damage that maybe caused to their property by the contractors you have hired. You need to check that the scaffolders are licenced are upto date as it is your responibilty with it being your property.