Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JasonMcQueen  
#1 Posted : 22 November 2017 11:54:34(UTC)
JasonMcQueen

Hi, can anyone make any recommendations for a panic alarm / lone worker system? We've had a couple of incidents where our Occ Health provider has had to deal with aggressive people during RTW interviews and have asked for a panic alarm to summon help if needed. 

Ideally looking for a pendant system that just sends a text to a few selected phone numbers when activiated so others can go investigate. 

georgiaredmayne  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2017 13:07:12(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Hi Jason,

Take a look at http://guardian24.co.uk/ they do a wide range of devices from fall alarms to check in/text messaging software to suit a range of needs. We used the MicroGuard Alert devices in my old job which was a good system that suited our needs.

Kind regards,

Georgia

jontyjohnston  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2017 14:39:14(UTC)
jontyjohnston

Concur with Georgia

We use the Guardain24 PAL app which downloads directly onto a smart phone, so 1 device.

We have these deployed for staff who face the same issues as your folks Jason - lots of very useful features and you specify the escalation protocol and names and numbers for use.

Found them to be very reliable and cheap!

Jonty

Ian A-H  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2017 10:44:12(UTC)
Ian  A-H

Surely it's down the the Occ Health provider to provide such protection for its own emplyees, not you, as the client.

swebster  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2017 11:09:11(UTC)
swebster

We used an identisafe card based system where I previously worked which meant we had a protection device built into our normal ID cards that staff carried. That worked well - single device and easy to use. We had a mobile phone based system before that, but it wasn't IOS compatible, it only worked on android and many of our staff had IPhones!

There are lots of variations out there, I would concur with speaking to someone like Guardian 24 or PeopleSafe (who I have used) or similar (there are loads around if you google it!) and they can help advise on the best systems for your circumstances.

Ian A-H  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2017 14:52:47(UTC)
Ian  A-H

Notwithstanding my earlier post. Take a look at Scope pagers as they are not proprietary can be maitained by anyone. Can be set up to send a signal from a pendant to a phone. 

ke5283  
#7 Posted : 29 November 2017 10:38:37(UTC)
ke5283

We use skyguard. Merseyside police also use skyguard for domestic abuse victims and they give good feedback.

Moved away from peoplesafe as found the devices were clunky and didn't work too well.

We trialled lookout call (app based) but as you need to unlock the phone first to activate a call it wasn't the best option.