Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geocr  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2018 13:13:26(UTC)
geocr

Hi,

I am looking at how to manage tenants movements within a large industrial fenced site. The tenant will have the use of a single building on site. However once inside the site fenceline they could potentially wander around a large manufacturing site unchallenged. I want to put some controls around this, however I am happy for the tennants to walk to and use the on site canteen facilities approximatly 800m from their building. There are serviced walkways between the two areas. I am also concerned with liability around the car park area which is outside the fenced site. 

I was looking for some advice on control and liabilities in these situations.

Many thanks

Brian Campbell  
#2 Posted : 16 January 2018 15:05:26(UTC)
Brian Campbell

My first thoughts would be to have a very detailed induction with the tennants and provide a handover pack with information in it.  Ensure you have plans showing clear boundaries and acess only points for tennants, assembly points marked  also.  Appropriate signage needs to be erected to back all this up also.  Is CCTV in place, if so then procedures for monitoring key areas should also be made.  I would imagine the more difficult you make it for them to wander around the better for everyone, this may require some significant investment on your part though.

RayRapp  
#3 Posted : 16 January 2018 15:56:44(UTC)
RayRapp

Brian has nailed it.

I would add, have you considered tenants wearing PPE (hi-vis) in any areas where there is moving traffic as an extra control. 

PH2  
#4 Posted : 16 January 2018 16:08:10(UTC)
PH2

And possibly access control / swipe cards to those restricted parts of the building?