Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Healthy  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2018 10:49:36(UTC)
Healthy

Hi I have got my Peer Interview within the next few weeks and would like some advice.... Does anyone know if they ask you questions about your exam paper that you submitted or are they just general H&S questions?

Clark34486  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2018 10:55:02(UTC)
Clark34486

Hi, can only speak as I experienced.

• They do not review your exam paper (I don't think I issued one.....)
  • Core questions, generally about H&S; accident investigation, risk assessment
  • Your experience
  • Code of conduct (genrally just toucching on this)
  • Key point; you, you, you, you, NOT 'we'

I was surprised how low key it was and fun, yes I really did enjoy it

key point; you, you, you, you, NOT we

Healthy  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2018 11:06:55(UTC)
Healthy

Thank you... Fingers crossed I will be ok...

Clark34486  
#4 Posted : 08 February 2018 11:15:24(UTC)
Clark34486

All the very best to you

Those that i've ever corresponded with that didn't do well didn't follow the actual brief given to them

Nerves kills them BUT the panel are just like you, treat it exactly as the title says, the panel are your 'peers' NOT your superiors. Treat it like a conversation with people who have a passion for OH&S just like yourself

Shopland23872  
#5 Posted : 11 February 2018 07:46:04(UTC)
Shopland23872

As said above the questions are generic, but they have a bank of questions which they are issued to ask you. They do have supplementary questions which they ask you if you get stuck on a question, or have a little bit of stage fright, to draw the answers out of you. Make sure that your PowerPoint presentation is no longer than 6 - 8 slides maximum because that 10 minutes flies by very quickly. You need to know the code of conduct, not word for word but you need to revise the titles and examples. If you get the code of conduct wrong you will instantly fail, regardless of how well you did in the rest of the PRI. Don't panic though because it is quite relaxed and they are not there to trip you up and make you struggle. The panel want you to pass. Don't worry if you say "we" instead of "I" they will correct you on that because everyone does it, they will remind you to talk about yourself. Good luck, it isn't as bad as you are probably imagining.
Azza  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2018 09:14:19(UTC)
Azza

Ensure you have a good understanding of the code of conduct, practice your presentation and try and think of examples that have related to your role during the interview.