Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.



Go to last post Go to first unread
Martin Whitlock  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2018 17:22:42(UTC)
Rank: New forum user
Martin Whitlock

Does a housing association /social landlord running several planned works projects for the replacement of various property components (Kitchens, Bathrooms, Fire remedial works, Cyclical Dec’s etc.) require an F10 for each of the project it delivers?   

Each individual unit (i.e. a kitchen replacement in one property) whilst it still falls under CDM doesn’t require an F10 on its own, however housing associations tender for a financial year or more of delivery so can be continually working every day of the year exceeding the 500 man hours for the project itself, but never more than this for each individual site. 

Each property is invoiced individaully as a completed project in its own right.  The tender contract however can be for the delivery of 100's of units over a period of time spread over a large geographical area.

Is there a requirement for an F10 to be submitted for this type of project? 

#2 Posted : 14 February 2018 14:15:29(UTC)
Rank: Super forum user

IMO it all depends on the Pre construction information.  Issued by the Principal Designer.

If a PCI for each individual project there may be no requirement for F10. 

If a single PCI for the whole project including every individual unit then a F10 will probably be required. Issued by the PD.

thanks 1 user thanked firesafety101 for this useful post.
Martin Whitlock on 14/02/2018(UTC)
#3 Posted : 14 February 2018 19:57:50(UTC)
Rank: Forum user

As said above, it depends if each unit is a separate job or not. I would say that if for example 100 properties are let for refurb as part of a ine contract then yes CDM and an F 10 will apply because it is the same principle as a new development of 100 new builds. But if you have any doubts on this just ring the HSE and request a call back from your local inspector, they are actually really helpful and appreciate people asking them for help.
thanks 1 user thanked Shopland23872 for this useful post.
Martin Whitlock on 15/02/2018(UTC)
#4 Posted : 19 February 2018 22:26:52(UTC)
Rank: Forum user

Under CDM 2015 the client (HA in this case?) defines the project and may choose to treat each property as an individual project and hence not notifiable or treat all properties as one project and notify HSE. The regulator is likely to be indifferent as to which approach you take and will be more interested in assurance that the work is properly planned, managed and monitored.
Users browsing this topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.