Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mayne16641  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2018 15:20:02(UTC)
Mayne16641

Good Afternoon All,

I am completing a Masters course at the University of Middlesex.   The project which I am working on concerns and oil and gas new venture in Tanzania. I’ve been conducting a qualitative study into the impacts of introducing international safety standards within a third world environment which had no oil and gas heritage.

I am seeking reference points from other related research projects which may have been completed on topics such as;

• The interpretation of global standards when implemented in third world settings
  • The implementation of health and safety standards within Oil and gas new ventures
  • Cultural differences in safety standards between different nationalities operating in third world countries; Western standards, European standards, Chinese standards, Indian standards etc

I would be very grateful indeed for information/reference points from anyone has been completing research topics or has published a paper which is related to those topics. 

Many thanks,

Rachael

Edited by user 19 February 2018 15:24:07(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake