Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ashbo82  
#1 Posted : 05 March 2018 15:07:12(UTC)
Ashbo82

Hi all,

I am writing up some RAMS for the safe use of Compressed Air in a manufacturing company.

The main use of compressed air on site is for using air lines for air drills, rivet guns, impact guns etc but as I already have RAMS for the tools individually, I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a decent template available listing the hazards/control measures etc.

Cheers in advance,

Ash

DaveDowan  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2018 14:08:34(UTC)
DaveDowan

Hi How about this http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/3643749/SWP48.pdf

Ashbo82  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2018 16:42:06(UTC)
Ashbo82

Originally Posted by: DaveDowan Go to Quoted Post

Hi How about this http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/3643749/SWP48.pdf

Cheers Dave,

I have seen this one before and lifted a few bits of info from it.

Appreciate the feedback. ;)

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2018 19:56:05(UTC)
Roundtuit

RAMS is a very construction focused device why would you employ RAMS in manufacturing?

Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 12 March 2018 19:56:05(UTC)
Roundtuit

RAMS is a very construction focused device why would you employ RAMS in manufacturing?

Ashbo82  
#6 Posted : 13 March 2018 11:17:32(UTC)
Ashbo82

Originally Posted by: Roundtuit Go to Quoted Post

What so Risk Assessments and Method Statements should'nt be used in manufacturing? Interesting.

It's not so much the Method Statements as they are used/required by us for contractors, it's the Risk Assessment side of it. It's just habit using the term RAMS.

We have RA's for all equipment/machinery on site and was looking for some good examples when assessing the use and safety aspect of compressed air.