Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stuartparkin  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2018 13:27:47(UTC)
stuartparkin

Ive been asked by a company in the consruction market to assist in working out their AFR. This is the only frequency rate that they nee to produce.

Am i right in saying that its only RIDDOR reportable injuries should be counted?

Kate  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2018 16:04:46(UTC)
Kate

That depends on what they are benchmarking it against. So I think you need to determine that first.

boblewis  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2018 17:40:42(UTC)
boblewis

Getting an accurate count of hours worked is going to be a real problem for site work especially when you may have a number of separate contractors at work and how do you treat subcontractors.  Also you do need them to set their standard for countable incidents. Without tight control it will be uncontrollable

Charlie Brown  
#4 Posted : 12 May 2018 22:21:38(UTC)
Charlie Brown

As already said, it depends on the clients requirements and not all AFRs are equal.

My last employer used to only count RIDDORs until we got a new H&S Director who also wanted First Aids, contractors and subcontractors included.

The contractors and subcontractors hours were a bit onerous to collect but that's where site visitors books can help, but probably not so much in your case.