Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
freelance safety  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2018 12:12:02(UTC)
freelance safety

Does anyone have a copy of BS7121 part 1, I have located part two on one of my USB stick and have purchased part 1 before but for the life of cannot locate it.

I don’t really want to purchase another copy on line as I just need to review a couple of specific points and I'm sure it'll turn up eventually.

If anyone can help please PM me.

Thanks in anticipation.

fairlieg  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2018 14:00:10(UTC)
fairlieg

If you purchased a digital copy before can you not log into where you got it and down load it again?

thunderchild  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2018 14:21:13(UTC)
thunderchild

Surely if someone gave you a copy, if you have previously purchased it or not, would breach the copyright of BSi?

freelance safety  
#4 Posted : 17 May 2018 14:30:23(UTC)
freelance safety

No, if you purchase it as a download PDF which is what I did twice several years ago you have to re-purchase unless your on a full subscription (which they charge through the subscription).

No, its not a breach of copyright I've checked with BSI directly.  

Waz  
#5 Posted : 17 May 2018 15:57:19(UTC)
Waz

Why dont you ask the forum the questions to enable the educated amongst us to provide answers?

Stuart Smiles  
#6 Posted : 17 May 2018 22:25:13(UTC)
Stuart Smiles

if you know anyone who is a student then they may be able to download as part of their subscription through the university library, through british standards online. 

alexmccreadie13  
#7 Posted : 18 May 2018 08:40:41(UTC)
alexmccreadie13

Freelance

BS7121 Part 1 was updated in 2016  that may be why your download is not available.

Ta Alex

AndyJB  
#8 Posted : 18 May 2018 10:06:18(UTC)
AndyJB

You can join a library yourself and gain access to BS Online - not all Council's offer this service now though due to budget cuts, so you may need to go to a larger town/city in order to join.  I joined Leeds library service even though I don't live in the district and I can access and use their BS on-line service.

Not only do you get the current BS version but you can look at older withdrawn editions as well as other related publications within the subscription.

It is a "view-on-screen" service only so you can't save, cut and paste, print, print-screen shots etc but I find it really useful to pull up documents when i need to check things

freelance safety  
#9 Posted : 19 May 2018 12:52:32(UTC)
freelance safety

Thanks for the replies, I've actually located my BS7121 part 1 2016 pdf, so all sorted.