Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lukenuttall  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2018 21:08:26(UTC)
lukenuttall

Hello all, after some advice. I've been struggling to find a software I can use to help me plan and stick to plan, what's the best way to note down where I am with something and then pick up where I last left off. I've been introduced to a Gantt chart. Is there any other way to do it? I need to plan training matrix Risk ssow reviews Toolbox talks Meetings Inspections Revewing policy and plans Observations Hazard perception with staff members Basically everything a Health safety manager would do. I need to find a good way of planning weekly monthly 3 monthly 6 monthly and yearly so I don't leave anything half finished and I can work around other peoples schedules. How do you all plan each individual aspect or lay it all out so its clear and makes sense. I found myself just writing things on a spreadsheet but it isnt proving to look professional or easy to follow or remind me in anyway. I hope what I am asking for makes sense. If anyone had any examples I'd be very grateful to have a look. I also want to know how to lay out a 30, 60,90, yearly plan to present to people. Thank you all in advance!
Hsquared14  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2018 11:53:55(UTC)
Hsquared14

I use microsoft Project - it works for me, I was able to prove that we didn't have the resources to carry out the training programme that management wanted by using it.