Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TimHassall  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2018 10:42:42(UTC)
TimHassall

Hi all,

I'm in need of a powerpoint presentation for permit to work issuing. Can anyone help. Can't afford the time to produce my own. Please get in touch if you are willing and able to share

Hsquared14  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2018 10:55:20(UTC)
Hsquared14

Sorry but this is one you need to do yourself, your system and method of issuing will not be the same as anyone else's and you need to make sure it describes accurately what you want people to take away from the training.  It shouldn't take too long to do probably only a morning.

O'Donnell54548  
#3 Posted : 05 July 2018 11:08:53(UTC)
O'Donnell54548

This is the problem with a lot of in-house training? "does anyone have a powerpoint", "shouldn't take long, maybe a morning" 

No mention of a Training Needs Analaysis (TNA) or Lesson Plan, no all you need to deliver effective, worthwhile, relevant training is a powerpoint presentation.

I despair !!!!!!  

thanks 1 user thanked O'Donnell54548 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 05/07/2018(UTC)
TimHassall  
#4 Posted : 06 July 2018 08:37:57(UTC)
TimHassall

At no point did I say the powerpoint was to be used to deliver a course so I actually dont need a TNA or syllabus, let alone an approval or accreditation from an awarding body. 

Thanks for your responses, as they say assumption is the mother of all...........................

hilary  
#5 Posted : 06 July 2018 10:10:20(UTC)
hilary

I have a brief one which you are more than welcome to - PM me if you still need it.

O'Donnell54548  
#6 Posted : 06 July 2018 13:41:39(UTC)
O'Donnell54548

Originally Posted by: TimHassall Go to Quoted Post

Hi all,

I'm in need of a powerpoint presentation for permit to work issuing. Can anyone help. Can't afford the time to produce my own. Please get in touch if you are willing and able to share

If the powerpoint was not for delivering training, what other use do you have for it??????

TimHassall  
#7 Posted : 06 July 2018 14:06:24(UTC)
TimHassall

I'm actually involved in a  lengthty piece of work looking at media platforms and its ability to support compliance. Its actual rather interesting

Waz  
#8 Posted : 06 July 2018 14:30:06(UTC)
Waz

Happy to assist on any PTW materials, as have a plethora from my time overseas.  Just drop me a PM and I can help with that.

Waz