Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SPR  
#1 Posted : 10 July 2018 09:08:38(UTC)
SPR

Hi all,

this is not my area of knowledge so if anyone can help that would be great:

ECTs (Earth continuity tests) we do complete these - do these results have to be recorded from a legal perspective?
IRTs (Installation resistance tests) we don't do - is there a legal requirement to have these done and record the results?
Is there a legal requirement to have written details of the presence of any RCDs which include the state and condition of any external earth bond. The RCDs are not provided by us but are provided by the customer to which we plug our equipment into.

I am trying to get a clear black and white answer to the above and I'm struggling.....hopefully someone on here can help.

Woolf13  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2018 12:01:58(UTC)
Woolf13

Please see following links which should help you as answers to your questions will invariably lead to more questions:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/hsr25.pdf

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/gs38.pdf

There are sections within which cover the area in question and what you should do to comply with the law.

paul.skyrme  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2018 20:23:52(UTC)
paul.skyrme

Originally Posted by: SPR Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

this is not my area of knowledge so if anyone can help that would be great:

ECTs (Earth continuity tests) we do complete these - do these results have to be recorded from a legal perspective?
IRTs (Installation resistance tests) we don't do - is there a legal requirement to have these done and record the results?
Is there a legal requirement to have written details of the presence of any RCDs which include the state and condition of any external earth bond. The RCDs are not provided by us but are provided by the customer to which we plug our equipment into.

I am trying to get a clear black and white answer to the above and I'm struggling.....hopefully someone on here can help.

I don’t quite follow what you are asking and the context of the question.
Are you testing parts of the fixed installation, or are you looking at “portable appliances”?
To answer your question I really need more information.