Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jill Bartlett  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2018 11:38:27(UTC)
Jill Bartlett

Hi

Just wondered if anubody had tried using Survey monkey so that the stress standards can be completed electronically and if so how do you then upload the results to the analysis tool?

Any help, thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Jill Bartlett

A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2018 08:16:03(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Originally Posted by: Jill Bartlett Go to Quoted Post

Hi

Just wondered if anubody had tried using Survey monkey so that the stress standards can be completed electronically and if so how do you then upload the results to the analysis tool?

Any help, thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Jill Bartlett

Interesting idea- I would also like to see any suggestions as to how this might be done.

PIKEMAN  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2018 10:34:22(UTC)
PIKEMAN

I have done something different - I did stress risk assessments using the Management Standards factors as hazards to examine. Worked quite well.

nic168  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2018 12:05:29(UTC)
nic168

Jill, I used Survey monkey for this  a couple of times for quite large surveys ( 500+ responses) the last time was about 3 years ago. The reason we did not repeat with this tool was linked to concerns over the security of the data as they (SM) had moved their servers to china.

It was no more difficult to use than other survey systems- unfortunately I am not particularly IT literate so find anything like this a bit of a struggle to do and try and delegate whenever possible .

The really difficult bit is getting anything done with the results ! 

mikecarr  
#5 Posted : 14 August 2018 12:13:57(UTC)
mikecarr

Originally Posted by: nic168 Go to Quoted Post

Jill, I used Survey monkey for this  a couple of times for quite large surveys ( 500+ responses) the last time was about 3 years ago. The reason we did not repeat with this tool was linked to concerns over the security of the data as they (SM) had moved their servers to china.

It was no more difficult to use than other survey systems- unfortunately I am not particularly IT literate so find anything like this a bit of a struggle to do and try and delegate whenever possible .

The really difficult bit is getting anything done with the results ! 

I agree, I'm not a big fan of stress surveys and yes staff will be expecting reslusts from the survey. You are better off training managers etc on the stress standards, the triggers and how to deal with it

achrn  
#6 Posted : 14 August 2018 12:43:20(UTC)
achrn

Originally Posted by: nic168 Go to Quoted Post

We haven't used it for stress surveys, but we use similar systems for some other staff consultation.

With respect to the data security issue, we use 'jotform' rather than survey monkey, specifically because they have servers in Germany, so inside the EU.  https://www.jotform.com/eu-safe-forms/  has some (dumbed down cartoony) information.  You still need to deal with the issue that you're using a third party to handle the data, but it's easier when it remains within the EU.  We always have a fallback paper response mechanism for staff that don't want to answer on a third party computer system - last time we had precisely one person out of about 400 that used paper.