Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Archibold  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2018 19:06:06(UTC)
Archibold

Looking for some guidance on how others report contractor incidents within both their internal statistics and those they provide for tenders (if they are different). We currently include all onsite contractor incidents (those performing plant and facility activities - keeping our premises running) and offsite contractor activities (those we have subbed out to, to help with product installs) within our Incidence Rate and Frequency Rate. However we make no allowance for the number of hours they have worked or people utilised. Having unfortuntaly recently having had a flurry of accidents involving these groups, which has thrown our stats into sharp relief, it has got me wondering how do other people address this?
Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2018 20:57:44(UTC)
Roundtuit

Look at A Kurdziels avatar - answer the question - not the one you think is being asked but the actual question

It is of benefit to have data on all aspects of your business including provider accidents to assess vendor performance BUT when you are quoting for works the client is asking about the company it is potentially engaging not those you may engage to fulfill a contract.

By example where they ask for insurance liability certificates I am yet to find a PQQ that specifically lists we must provide any and all potential sub-contractor information along with our own.

I have several incident trackers but it is only "our" in-house rates that are advised to potential clients,

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 10/09/2018(UTC), A Kurdziel on 10/09/2018(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2018 20:57:44(UTC)
Roundtuit

Look at A Kurdziels avatar - answer the question - not the one you think is being asked but the actual question

It is of benefit to have data on all aspects of your business including provider accidents to assess vendor performance BUT when you are quoting for works the client is asking about the company it is potentially engaging not those you may engage to fulfill a contract.

By example where they ask for insurance liability certificates I am yet to find a PQQ that specifically lists we must provide any and all potential sub-contractor information along with our own.

I have several incident trackers but it is only "our" in-house rates that are advised to potential clients,

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 10/09/2018(UTC), A Kurdziel on 10/09/2018(UTC)