Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DHeptinstall  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2018 13:37:01(UTC)
DHeptinstall

Hi all

I currently hold the NEBOSH NGC and the Diploma.

My current role will expand in the future to include overseeing some construction.

I am thinking of taking the NEBOSH Construction conversion course.

Would this be more in-depth, construction-wise, than the NGC/Diploma?

Are there other courses which would be more suitable/useful?

Many thanks

Hazzard41579  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2018 15:37:19(UTC)
Hazzard41579

Hi

The Construction conversion is probably not a bad idea and wont require a lot of effort. (you must do this within 5 years of the completing the Nebosh cert.)

Depending on your construction experience you may require other more specific training e.g. the Site Supervisor safety training SSSTS. This is a 2-day Supervisory qualification which you may find worthwhile. 

There is obviously other specific construction related training e.g. scaffolding inspection, excavations etc that can be undertaken at any time.

Hope this hleps

thanks 1 user thanked Hazzard41579 for this useful post.
DHeptinstall on 23/10/2018(UTC)
SW  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2018 15:48:25(UTC)
SW

The Construction Cert is a good add-on qualification.

I, like you have the Diploma and I studied the Construction Cert through distance learning - I found it quite a big overlap from the Diploma modules but obviously more construction specific learning.

Perhaps you could look at something like a BTEC in Building Studies through distance learning too which would be more in depth?

Regards

SW

thanks 1 user thanked SW for this useful post.
UncleFester  
#4 Posted : 23 October 2018 05:58:18(UTC)
UncleFester

NCRQ have stated that they will release a construction Certificate course although I don't have any firm date from them. They may be worth talking to...  https://www.ncrq.org.uk/

thanks 1 user thanked UncleFester for this useful post.