Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alabaster  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2018 10:36:13(UTC)
Alabaster

Hi, 

I am looking to progress my career with the NVQ diploma obviously there is the NVQ 5 but I have come across the ProQual NVQ 6, I have asked one provider of the NVQ 5 what the difference is and they have stated that it's exactly the same it is just a marketing ploy... Could anyone please shed some light

Thanks in advance! 

Elfin Davy 09  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2018 10:46:43(UTC)
Elfin Davy 09

My understanding is that NVQ Level 5 is Diploma Level, whilst Level 6 is Degree Level.  Suppose it depends upon which level you'd be happy to attain ?

WatsonD  
#3 Posted : 07 November 2018 09:11:28(UTC)
WatsonD

I'm guessing that provider only offered the level 5 NVQ? For it to be a level 6 it will have to contain greater depth than the level 5.

The best thing to do is to either get hold of a sylabus for both and compare, or ask a provider of the L6 NVQ to explain to you the difference and see what they have to say.
Woolf13  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2018 12:27:50(UTC)
Woolf13

There are nine levels of qualification in England and Wales ranging from Entry Level to Level 8 e.g. PHD, see link below:

Diplomas can be taken at each qualification level. The difference being is a level 6 is higher and should be more difficult to attain then a level 5.

I hope that helps.

AWAISH  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2019 10:23:25(UTC)
AWAISH

hi,

i thinks its better to go for Level 6 NVQ Diploma

douglas.dick  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2019 06:52:24(UTC)
douglas.dick

There is also the NCRQ Diploma in Applied Health & Safety to consider