Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Svick1984  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2019 10:16:39(UTC)
Svick1984

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could clarify for me that point 5 of schedule 4 'particulars to be given of accidents' (Name, address and occupation of person giving the notice, if other than the injured person) is still relevant and hasn't been excluded due to changes in GDPR? I only ask because somebody in my workplace continually fills in accident reports but won't fill in their address details; when I challenge them on it, I want to be able to come from a position of strength and make them aware that it's part of the requirements under the Regs. Please can someone confirm? Thanks.

fairlieg  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2019 10:53:12(UTC)
fairlieg

it's not just the form its how you process the data also.

First point of call get these https://books.hse.gov.uk/?DI=649639 the cost is negligable.  I'll be honest though i dont know what the differnce is between the version 2 form and the old ones, does look like the address section is still in there though with a statement to had to the DP officer or nomiated person.

Edited by user 06 February 2019 10:57:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A Kurdziel  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2019 11:43:33(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Specific legal requirements always trump  GDPR

thanks 1 user thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
jwk on 06/02/2019(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2019 12:17:52(UTC)
Roundtuit

Absolutely nothing stopping details being added to the form immediately before it vanishes in to the black hole of personnel records - at one employment we copied the form marked it "As Received" and then filled in any missing or additional data to the original prior to filing.

Be thankful they are bothering to start the record - batter them with legislation and you may find the first you see of an accident is the solicitors claim letter.

Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2019 12:17:52(UTC)
Roundtuit

Absolutely nothing stopping details being added to the form immediately before it vanishes in to the black hole of personnel records - at one employment we copied the form marked it "As Received" and then filled in any missing or additional data to the original prior to filing.

Be thankful they are bothering to start the record - batter them with legislation and you may find the first you see of an accident is the solicitors claim letter.