Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MD9Z1  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2019 11:58:07(UTC)
MD9Z1

I'm sure this topic has been covered & referenced many times in the past, I would be grateful for any help and guidance in establishing the correct training requirements & accreditation scheme including legislation & ACOP for our Internal Trainer/Assessor

At present our Internal Trainer /Assessor has the following qualifications

NVQ - Level 3 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Sector 600/2565/7   (PTLLS)

Level 3 Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning (3 credits) A/503/1229

Level 3 Understanding inclusive learning and teaching in lifelong learning (3 credits) T/503/1233

Level 3 Using inclusive learning and teaching approach in lifelong learning (3 credits) Y/503/1242

Level 3 Principals of assessment in lifelong learning (3 credits) Y503/1239

Person EDL level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)   Accreditation No: 501/0700/8       

Assess Occupation Competence in the Work Environment H/601/5312 QCF Level 3 QCF Credits 6

Accessing Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding F/601/5319  QCF Level 3 QCF Credits 6

Understanding the principals and practices of Assessment D/601/5319 QCF Level 3 QCF Credits 3

What is the requirements, legal and practical accreditation scheme, legislation & ACOP required to teach the following

• Abrasive wheels training
  • Slinger Signaller training
  • Slinger-Banksman Signaller
Waz  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2019 14:28:58(UTC)
Waz

You can only assess training what the individual themselves can demonstrate competence in.  If he's never driven (under certification) a ForkTruck he can't assess someone's capability.  It really is that simple.  Competence is the key to training and assessing someone else's ability, because if they haven't got the knowledge, how can they challenge the knowledge of the trainee/delegate?

SNS  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2019 22:49:58(UTC)
SNS

Originally Posted by: Waz Go to Quoted Post

You can only assess training what the individual themselves can demonstrate competence in.  If he's never driven (under certification) a ForkTruck he can't assess someone's capability.  It really is that simple.  Competence is the key to training and assessing someone else's ability, because if they haven't got the knowledge, how can they challenge the knowledge of the trainee/delegate?

Sorry Waz, when I did my Forklift course I could have done an extra day to become an instructor - from not having used one previously.