Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baal  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2019 11:23:28(UTC)
baal

Hi All,

Does anyone have any unique ideas on how to provide visual indicators, which would help demonstrate to a third party that lifting accessories (chains, strops etc) are within date of their mandatory inspection. We have all the ususals i.e. independant inspections, training, chains tags, certification etc.

What I am looking for is something highly visual and eye catching, so when carrying out site a inspection, if lifting accessories have not been inspected it is obviously apparent to the auditor.

I want to remove the excuse of ignorance on the part of the user.

Thanks in advnce

chris42  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2019 11:59:50(UTC)
chris42

Colour coded cable ties, each colour represents a period in time

HSSnail  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2019 14:14:12(UTC)
HSSnail

Slight variation on the idea suggested by Chris but something similar to the test date tags they use on gas cylinders, as shown in this link http://www.bcga.co.uk/pages/index.cfm?page_id=88

Hsquared14  
#4 Posted : 11 February 2019 14:57:25(UTC)
Hsquared14

Your engineering insurance company that does your statutory testing should put coloured tags on the equipment for you and most will supply you with a board that shows the colour code for this inspection period.  If yours doesn't then you need to change your service provider.