Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SBH  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2019 22:06:32(UTC)
SBH

Can anyone explain to me what a cold assessment is with reference to fire risk assessments. I got asked at a competency session and admit I have never heard of it.

SBH

Messey  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2019 23:47:12(UTC)
Messey

SBH: Bearing in mind it was a competency session, didnt the person asking the question have the answer??

In education, it can be used when reviewing a candidate's understanding of something that was previously taught perhaps the previous week or some time ago. This is the opposite of a hot assessment that is a Q&A session at the end of a course or lecture.

Thats my understanding, but I would be intrigued to hear other's definitions 

A Kurdziel  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2019 10:30:32(UTC)
A Kurdziel

This is a new one! As well as acronyms and trade names, we have new jargon, to contend with. If nobody knows what it means it can mean anything!  That means it is meaningless as it does not convey any meaning!

I have just googled cold assessment and of course they came up with how do you establish that an infection is just the common cold (Rhino virus) as opposed to something more serious (takes me back to a former life) I don’t think they were asking you about this but they should have explained what they were talking about.  

jwk  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2019 15:50:03(UTC)
jwk

Perhaps its an assessment done when the workplace is cold; i.e. not on fire? (sorry but it is Friday afternoon...)

John

thanks 1 user thanked jwk for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 22/02/2019(UTC)