Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sophie.J  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2019 10:14:22(UTC)
Sophie.J

I am trying to find out if an F10 has been submitted for works (an F10 is required).

Can anyone please advise as to where I would find this?

I have submitted an enquiry onto WhatDoTheyKnow but was wondering if there is another way to search?

Thanks,

Sophie

Centurion  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2019 11:26:17(UTC)
Centurion

Hi,

Is the project still ongoing?

Have you asked the Client and the Principal Designer?

Cheers

Andy

Dave5705  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2019 11:39:17(UTC)
Dave5705

Hi Sophie, Can the HSE not tell you? I suppose getting through may be an issue!

Woolf13  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2019 11:44:56(UTC)
Woolf13

The Client or Principal Designer (where appointed) will have an email and a unique project number pertaining to the F10 submitted. Speak to them in the first instance. This is important as the HSE will ask for this should you want to check or amend anything. If the answer is there is no email or number then I would suggest there is no F10 either.

If you are asking because you do not feel the contractors in quesion are complying with CDM then I would still raise this to them in the first instance to give them the opportunity to address and then contact the applicable HSE office (information on the HSE's website) if you feel there is a reticence to comply with CDM.

Sophie.J  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2019 12:04:41(UTC)
Sophie.J

Thanks for the replies.

I do not know who the contractor or client is, so makes the find rather difficult.

I have contacted the HSE through the WhatDoTheyKnow website but this could take a 4 weeks to hear anything.

I thought there might be a quicker way to search - but doesn't sound like it.

WatsonD  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2019 12:20:11(UTC)
WatsonD

It should be displayed on site - usually in the site office.

Centurion  
#7 Posted : 02 April 2019 18:30:59(UTC)
Centurion

Sophie

This seems a bit of a mystery - you don't know who the contractor or client are.

It would be interesting to know why you actually need to know if an F10 has been submitted.

Cheers

Andy

Dave5705  
#8 Posted : 03 April 2019 05:31:52(UTC)
Dave5705

Yes, I was beginning to think that. At first I just thought there had been a massive falling out with the PC and you had been caught with your trousers down (so to speak) because they had all the details. Under what circumstances have you found yourself not knowing who the client or contractor is, or who appointed them? 

You should still be able to get details from the HSE (by postcode) if there is any, but as you say it will take time.

firesafety101  
#9 Posted : 04 April 2019 16:33:43(UTC)
firesafety101

There is a HSE data website holding current F10 notifications and if you look at this link it may get you there.

https://data.gov.uk/dataset/77654361-9496-46df-b762-a5d6c06faf58/construction-notifications-form-10-f10-database