Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thunderchild  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2019 10:25:31(UTC)
thunderchild

Morning all!

Anyone know what the fixed wire test perios of a warehouse located in Germany would be? In line with our frequency????

Thankis in advance.

paul.skyrme  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2019 13:16:05(UTC)
paul.skyrme

There is no reference document that can be used across both countries that relates to the recommended inspection frequencies to which I suspect you refer.

There is no frequency of periodic inspection listed in BS 7671, the frequency to initial inspection is given in IET Guidance note 3.

BS 7671 is based (very closely) on HD 60364, which is based very closely on IEC 60364.

German building wiring requirements will be drawn from, HD 60364, either directly or with minor modifications.

There is no recommendations for timescales of periodic inspections in HD 60364.

I would wager the same would apply as in the UK, the "strongest" guidance you will get is that from the insurer of the asset.

Sgallacher27  
#3 Posted : 18 April 2019 15:32:54(UTC)
Sgallacher27

Hi Thunderchild,

I am unsure regarding the legal requirements for Germany; but I would go with the old advice of asking your insurer what they require. At the end of the day, the insurers are good at demanding more frequent or more thorough testing/maintenance than the law actually requires. Also, you don't want to be caught out should an electrical fire occur and you haven't met the insurer's exact requirements.