Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hardworkingdude  
#1 Posted : 23 April 2019 07:34:26(UTC)
hardworkingdude

Hi All, Im wondering if theres anything out there that I can use to create a gap analysis/risk assessment. Using word and excel is good however I do struggle to get it to look neat and professional (yes, my word/excel skills arent amazing). Any help would be much appreciated!

OliverWallace  
#2 Posted : 23 April 2019 09:57:39(UTC)
OliverWallace

I have no prior experience with this company but they do offer this service at affordable prices. Not sure if they actually understand the activities they're used for or are just software developers.

https://www.hsdirect.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjw7_rlBRBaEiwAc23rhmk0ydLuOHSXYUm5D_Ee5PSMK5SeUMcq5hep9UR1HoirqXDP11R5HRoC7HAQAvD_BwE

PIKEMAN  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2019 15:17:58(UTC)
PIKEMAN

Gap analysis and risk asssesment are vastly different entities! Can you clarify what you want?  In my experience a simple spreadsheet can be a great tool for gap analysis.

JamesG.  
#4 Posted : 25 April 2019 09:38:04(UTC)
JamesG.

If you're looking to create lots of risk assessments for different jobs, then RiskFly might work for you. It's been designed in conjunction with an event production / AV firm so the template activities and hazards are focused in that sector, but in theory you could use it for anything if you enter your own hazards. It produces nice neat PDF documents. It doesn't cover gap analysis however.