Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shah80012  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2019 15:04:00(UTC)
Shah80012

Can anybody help with examples of health and safety audit questions which should be no more than 30 questions?  Its for a high level audit excluding premises compliance for a local authority.

Thank you.

Shah80012  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2019 15:57:59(UTC)
Shah80012

Originally Posted by: Shah80012 Go to Quoted Post

Can anybody help with examples of health and safety audit questions which should be no more than 30 questions?  Its for a high level audit excluding premises compliance for a local authority.

Thank you.

[Come on folks, I am sure someone has read my question and there is at least one person who can help with a response]
Ian Bell2  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2019 16:14:12(UTC)
Ian Bell2

You will learn more by developing your own question set.

I'll start you off...

1. Does the organisation have a health and safety policy? (does it follow a recognised format e.g HSg 65)

thanks 1 user thanked Ian Bell2 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 12/06/2019(UTC)
Dave5705  
#4 Posted : 12 June 2019 06:31:24(UTC)
Dave5705

Shah80012,

With respect, can you give me a list of meaningful questions to ask my brother? I doubt it, you have never met my brother and know nothing about him. I think that is why you are seeing such a reluctance to answer your question. To be meaningful your questions need to be relevant and we know nothing about your operation or your policies.

Why don't you tell us the questions you were thinking of asking, and from there we will get a feel for your circumstances and might be able to suggest perhaps better ways of asking. Usually what you ask is not as important as how you ask it.

Regards

Edited by user 12 June 2019 06:31:59(UTC)  | Reason: I still can't spell

thanks 1 user thanked Dave5705 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 12/06/2019(UTC)
shaunosborne  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2019 13:50:06(UTC)
shaunosborne

Keeping things as general as possible: consider what expected standard you are auditing with reference to. Is it legislation, industry guidance, internal policy, or some other agreed standard? 

If you use that as your guide it should suggest a set of questions naturally. e.g. if policy says 'premises must have x, y & z' then your audit will probably be asking at least one question about x, y and z.

You can build on that using your knowledge of the specifics but I'd say it's a good place to start.

jwk  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2019 14:28:50(UTC)
jwk

I think the best set of high level audit questions can be found on pages 10 to 15 of INDG417 'Leading Health and Safety at Work' which is a free download from HSE. Depends on how high-level you want it to be, but posing these simple questions with reference to the guidance in the first part of the document will sort out high level strategic commitment to H&S,

John