Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dicka9  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2019 11:38:32(UTC)
Dicka9

I am looking for a Mobile based app to be used in conjunction with cards so our safety staff can scan an employees card onsite and see which training he has attended and we can scan the cards to record attendees at training sessions. Is anybody aware of such a system or can recommend one? I am in Dubai and I cant find any information on any such systems here.
Mark-W  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2019 11:43:03(UTC)
Mark-W

Sort of similar, I've visited sites before and they have thumbprint scanners. Once you complete your induction to site and have all your info uploaded to the server, when you enter site through the turnstyle, it is controlled by thumbprint. If you don't have all the required cards/permissions you failed to gain access. You then had to go to the office to prove your ability or upload new evidence.

Worked quite well. As you knew that everyone inside the turnstile was  prechecked