Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
benek84  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2019 20:22:54(UTC)
benek84

hi, what is your opinion about conveyor belt in warehouse which primary function is transport of boxes by belt moving forward, backwards however it is adjustable in height-goes up and down. is it subject to loler examination? 

Ian Bell2  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2019 21:41:00(UTC)
Ian Bell2

No
thanks 1 user thanked Ian Bell2 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 19/06/2019(UTC)
MrBrightside  
#3 Posted : 19 June 2019 09:42:01(UTC)
MrBrightside

If the equipments primary function is to lift loads / people then it fall under LOLER - Lifts, Cherry Pickers, Vehicle Lifts, FLT's

If it raises up and down but only supports loads then it falls under PUWER - Dock Levellers, Vehicle Jacks, Ramps

Thats the way that I alway approach LOLER -

thanks 3 users thanked MrBrightside for this useful post.
CptBeaky on 19/06/2019(UTC), jmaclaughlin on 19/06/2019(UTC), Connor35037 on 18/08/2021(UTC)
paul.skyrme  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2019 13:38:24(UTC)
paul.skyrme

PUWER only NOT LOLER.

Bigmac1  
#5 Posted : 19 June 2019 14:13:14(UTC)
Bigmac1

No

nathan13r  
#6 Posted : 18 August 2021 01:38:04(UTC)
nathan13r

benek84, I'm honestly not quite sure is it still relevant to you, but if we talk about conveyors and everything which is connected to them, you should check out these sprocket driven rollers from the well-known companies. That article can open your eyes on some good options and variants, and can explain how you should implement those options into your automation processes.

HSSnail  
#7 Posted : 18 August 2021 07:29:26(UTC)
HSSnail

nathan 13r reported -  advertising.

And I agree fixed conveor belts are not LOLAR - they "move" not lift. However if its a telescopic belt conveyor is the bit that lifts the whole belt covered by LOLAR? Never thought of this before. Mr Brightside i belive vehicle jacks are LOLAR. Are you thinking of Axel stands?

thanks 1 user thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
peter gotch on 18/08/2021(UTC)