Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hope Jacob  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2019 12:17:53(UTC)
Hope Jacob

Hi,

Are any of you out there self-employed H&S Contractors, or small business owners? If so, would you mind answering a couple of quick research questions for me? 

I've been working as a health and safety advisor for a few years in education. This will be coming to an end soon but I can't find anything on the employment market that fits me, or that I fit. I've always wanted to be self employed and am considering setting up a virtual assistant type business. I have high level admin skills, am very IT orientated, and, as well as a NEBOSH general cert (and fire cert)  am also HR qualified. The other part of my current role is data protection, so I'm also GDPR/DPA proficient.

Can I ask:

Do any of you self employed H&S professionals use admin services like this?

Is it something that you would consider to relieve some of the administrative burden (and, in which case, what services would be most useful?)

and would it be helpful that I have a H&S background?

I would be really grateful for anyone that could spare a couple of mins to help me!