Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobinD76  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2019 14:42:37(UTC)
RobinD76

I am trying to benchmark performance for a large business with a diverse portfolio, so I am looking for accident (RIDDOR) data by Industry SIC code. Is there a complete list of statistics by SIC code available? I can find some very high level data on ONS, but need to be able to drill into specific sector SIC codes. Any help much appreciated.

Robin

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2019 15:17:10(UTC)
HSSnail

RobinD76  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2019 11:20:11(UTC)
RobinD76

Originally Posted by: Brian Hagyard Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, Brian, we'd found that it was the first port of call, however it only breaks down the Industry sectors at a very high level and I need to go much more specific. i.e. it gives: 

All industries,

Agriculture, forestry and fishing .

Extractive and utility supply industries, 

Mining and Quarrying,  

Gas, electricity and water supply; sewerage, waste and recycling , 

Manufacturing , 

Construction,

Service Industries , 

Unclassified

But I want data for:

- road transport and warehousing

- retail 

- financial services

- construction

- oil and gas offshore support services

Edited by user 09 July 2019 11:21:57(UTC)  | Reason: formatting

Hsquared14  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2019 11:46:19(UTC)
Hsquared14

I don't think the HSE break things down that far, have you tried your trade association for your industry? 

HSSnail  
#5 Posted : 09 July 2019 14:19:16(UTC)
HSSnail

The 3rd report down (i think) in the link i posted breaks the report down into th 99 SIC code.

What code were you looking for for Retail for example? (Sorry i dont use the SIC code often so may be misunderstanding what you are looking for)

HSSnail  
#6 Posted : 09 July 2019 14:23:16(UTC)
HSSnail

Ignore my last post - i take it its the 4 digit code you are looking at - I agree with Hsquared

RobinD76  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2019 09:59:09(UTC)
RobinD76

Originally Posted by: Hsquared14 Go to Quoted Post

I don't think the HSE break things down that far, have you tried your trade association for your industry? 

I'm beginning to agree with you, my boss and I (ca. 50 years H&S experience between us) are pretty sure that they used to. However, level of detail not there now.... austerity?

RobinD76  
#8 Posted : 11 July 2019 10:03:38(UTC)
RobinD76

Originally Posted by: Brian Hagyard Go to Quoted Post

The 3rd report down (i think) in the link i posted breaks the report down into th 99 SIC code.

What code were you looking for for Retail for example? (Sorry i dont use the SIC code often so may be misunderstanding what you are looking for)

Yes thanks, Brian, yes we have gotten that far, would like to have gone a little deeper, but that may be as good as it gets. Still can't find anything for our offshore support division, but have something close for the others.