Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ShaunH  
#1 Posted : 02 August 2019 14:53:32(UTC)
ShaunH

The organisation I work for have several employees (approx 8) that will shortly engage in works in Ireland. Those employees hold CSCS/ ECS cards but we understand that they need to complete a SOLAS Safe Pass 1 Day Training Programme qualification in order to permit them to work on a "construction related project" in Ireland.

Does anyone know of a trainer that is based in England (ideally Manchester or York), or that is prepared to travel from Ireland to us, that is able and authorised to give the Safe Pass training and qualification?

We would rather our personnel complete the training in advance rather than leave things until last minute when they travel to Ireland.

fiesta  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2019 09:11:11(UTC)
fiesta

Hi Shaun, I had exactly this situation last year.

I couldn't find anyone in the UK to do the training. I spoke to SOLAS and they gave me a list of trainers in Ireland.

Everyone was very helpful it was just a bit of a pain to sort out. In the end we had to send our guys over a day early to do the training before they started work. Just check which employees actaully need the card. As I recall from reading some of the Irish legislation various trades don't need it (Plumbers & Sparkies rings a bell). Also Site Supervisors / Managers and other non-working visitors don't need it either.

Andy

ShaunH  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2019 16:20:43(UTC)
ShaunH

Thank you for your help Andy, I think realistically we will end up making similar arrangements.

Shaun