Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ADALE  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2019 06:37:18(UTC)
ADALE

Good morning I’m about to start researching some French Regulations to ensure our office and operations are covered. I understand Barbour may provide a useful service too. Does anyone on here have operations in France and specifically, offer any advice or resources on translation of CDM and SMSR? This is a first for me with a new employer so any input will be greatly received. Thank you
MikeKelly  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2019 14:05:28(UTC)
MikeKelly

HI Adale

Try INRS inFrance as a starter. Also you could try Natlex the ILO website

Regards

Mike

paul.skyrme  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2019 15:25:19(UTC)
paul.skyrme

I would expect that there will be the equivalent of SMSR, almost word for word, though it may be across multiple pieces of legislaiton which I think is what we found when trying to relate PUWER to German law.

SMSR is almost a photocopy of the Machinery Directive, it has to be, so I can't see how France can be much different.

A Kurdziel  
#4 Posted : 12 August 2019 08:44:43(UTC)
A Kurdziel

I am repeating what I said in similar question about the Spanish equivalent of CDM. The EU directive sets what the national legislation has to cover, it does not describe the shape of the actual national legislation. This means that it is quite possible that instead of having a single set of rules in one document the requirements might be spread out across several piece of legislation and codes of practice. There is also variation in how the legislation is enforced with some countries relying on separate inspectorates or even trade associations and insurance bodies to carry out enforcement.

If you look at the European legislation website https://eur-lex.europa.eu/search.html?qid=1565599389106&text=machinery&scope=EURLEX&type=quick&lang=en it will not only list the Directives but also how they have been transposed into local legislation.

thanks 1 user thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
paul.skyrme on 12/08/2019(UTC)
paul.skyrme  
#5 Posted : 12 August 2019 12:17:57(UTC)
paul.skyrme

I have previously looked on the EU site and failed to find any links to the national implementations, that is very useful.

Thanks.

ADALE  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2019 13:26:22(UTC)
ADALE

Thanks all.